Aware Active and Change
Drop of Water has set up a project aimed at motivating university students to support the cause of providing clean water services to rural communities and create awareness about Hygiene and Sanitation. The project is actively running in Mekelle and Hawassa Universities.
The project includes:
- Training of professionals at University level so that they are equipped with adequate skills and knowledge
- Co-ordination of various DOW university-based project activities.
The project is expected to reach 5000 Mekelle university students and training professionals exceeding 50 in numbers.
The project emphasizes on:
- enabling university students to contribute to their community by providing training and awareness
- keeping communities and university students together in solving issues mainly revolving around water and sanitation
- establishing student community-based projects and coordinating structures to ensure sustainability
- careful monitoring, evaluation and recording in order to assure sustainability